Tuesday 18 August 2009

Wednesday 5th August

Today I came into school at 9 and have to stay till 4. I’ve basically sat at my desk all day, it’s 2.50pm now so not long to go, but that is why I’ve written so much today. The only break from my desk was to walk down to the Convenience store to buy a bento, that’s a Japanese lunchbox. They come in all different styles but most of them are packaged in a plastic tray with lots of different portions of food in them, they nearly all have rice in them. Today I got rice with curry sauce and a breadcrumbed/deep friend pork fillet. It’s really good – you can get something very similar in Wagamama – incidentally I just asked a JTE sitting in front of me if they have Wagamama’s in Japan, he said no so I asked him the meaning and apparently it means “Selfish” or “going my way”.

Here's some pics from my trip to the beach last week:

Preparing Sashimi from a live shelfish :o$

Andy and Damon my Predecessor examining the huge snail thing

View from the sea front near the suspension bridge

Me and the bridge

Amusing sign

No comments:

Post a Comment