Sunday 6 September 2009

Jap's Eye! Uh-oh! Read on.....

It's not really cold.... it's.....


A typical Japanese School lunch - It's called Bento


Ah they trusted me with the keys!!!!


Walking to School - notice the rolled up trousers, all the rage here


Saw these and thought of all you girls back home who might like them!


Last night consisted of two big JET nights out - a girls night and a guys night. The fellas went to a park in Sannomiya and drank beer, played football and frisbee etc etc. (Those of you who know me well will understand I have a penchant for alfresco drinking - parks and graveyards are all the rage in the land of Bobb!). Anyway, Bryan decided we would all play a game where you say three statements, 2 true and 1 lie; Most of the statements were either illegal or sexual.... or both. For instance I found out the Bryan jerked his dog off when he was 12!?!? - an asian American was telling a story about an STD clinic and where they stick the cotton bud and I shouted out in disbelief -

"Where did they put it?! In your JAPS EYE!!!!????"

Luckily it was very noisy and everyone was pretty tipsy to say the least so they didn't really notice but when I realised what I said I burst out laughing and so did Adam (a guy from the UK who studied in Glasgow). That continued for many minutes!! ha ha yikes!

Today has been a hungover day - I've discovered torrents and have downloaded the Cribs new album, DFA 1979, Muse, the entire back catalogue of QOTSA, Rage's first album that I seem to have lost. Osais, The raconteurs 2nd album, Eagles of Death Metal, Dark night of the Soul by Sparklehorse, Albert hammond Jr.s 2nd album and Nickle Eye's Album "The time of the Assassins" (That's Nikolai from The Strokes' solo project and it's really good - check it out). Just watching StarTrek now eating homemade Guacamole Mmmm.

In other news I had my first lesson at school; my self introduction - it went well. I had a slideshow with pictures of Scotland and Scottish things, pictures of me and of my friends and family so a lot of you guys are now famous in Maruyama Chugakko!!! Then I put up the same pictures on the board -laminated and magnetized and got the kid to come up and put the caption next to the correct picture, in return they get a sticker.

One girl who seemed to be a bit of a character handed me a note in class, when I opened it it said in perfect English and in nice handwriting; "Please say "Kapibaru" to Mr. Hirohata". I didn't of course but later that day showed Hirohata Sensei and asked him about it. He replied in a very matter-of-fact manner saying "Yes, it is a South American giant Rodent, it is her nickname for me" At which point I nearly burst out laughing because the image came into my head and he DOES look just like one! But I managed not too thank god!

Here's some recent pics for your perusal.

Bobb x

No comments:

Post a Comment